You love eating eggs for breakfast, but you hardly have time to eat them anymore due to your insane workday mornings. Who has time to scramble eggs on the stove, then wash the pot, then eat, and still fight rush-hour traffic to get to work on time? Fortunately, your skillet is not the only way to scramble eggs for breakfast. Here’s a look at how to create your own scrambled eggs in the microwave, according to leading California egg company Norco Ranch (and don’t worry — the eggs won’t be gross or rubbery if you cook them correctly).
For yummy scrambled eggs in the microwave, here are the ingredients you need:
pepper and salt (to taste)
2 Tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. of milk
2 large Norco Ranch eggs
1) Spray a 12-ounce coffee mug with some cooking spray, or apply butter to the mug to keep your eggs from sticking. Then, add your milk and eggs to the mug, and stir the mixture with a whisk or fork until it is well blended.2) Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds on high, then stir. Next, microwave the mix once again for between 30 and 45 minutes until your eggs have cooked all of the way through.3) Sprinkle your eggs with cheese, and apply pepper and salt to your liking. After just one minute of cooking, you are ready to eat your single serving of eggs — right in time to hit the road for another morning commute.
Cheese on your scrambled eggs is optional, of course. But if you like cheese, adding them to your microwaved scrambled eggs is the perfect way to add some pizzazz to your breakfast. Some cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, or even fresh goat cheese crumbles would all make for happy additions.
To take your breakfast to the next level, feel free to top your freshly cooked eggs with tomatoes or chopped herbs. Alternatively, you can build a round patty out of your scrambled egg mixture and put it on an English muffin along with avocado for a scrumptious breakfast sandwich. Perhaps you’re the type who simply loves to add ketchup to your eggs — that works, too. Because creating scrambled eggs in the microwave is so fast and easy, you have lots of time to allow your creative juices to flow as far as egg toppings go. Enjoy!
It’s summer time, and you know what that means: The kids are out of school. So, what’s for lunch? If your kids love pizza, why not try a different version of a pizza — a healthier one that is just as scrumptious?
Here’s a glimpse at how to create your own English-muffin Egg Pizzas to get through lunchtime during these summer months, according to Norco Ranch.
For delectable English-muffin Egg Pizzas, here are the ingredients you need:
2 sliced hard-boiled Norco Ranch eggs
4 English muffins
1) Boil your two eggs. You can boil them on the stovetop or even use a steamer basket to cook them gently.
2) Toast eight halves of an English muffin, and place the toasted pieces on a cookie sheet.
3) Drizzle each English muffin piece with some olive oil. Next, place tomato slices on the muffin halves, and top them with the hard-cooked slices of egg (half an egg each).
4) Spring some grated mozzarella cheese on the mini pizzas. Then, sprinkle the little pizzas with kosher salt and oregano.
5) Finally, broil your English-muffin Egg Pizzas for five minutes or at least until the cheese begins to melt.
Why Parents Love English-muffin Egg Pizzas
One of the biggest reasons to love English-muffin Egg Pizzas as a parent? These mini pizzas are protein rich. In other words, they’ll keep your children fuller longer (what parent doesn’t want that?) On top of that, the dish is meat free, which makes it an excellent choice for vegan families or those interested in eating leaner.
An added bonus is that the dish is ready in under 10 minutes. You can’t beat that. You can easily prepare them during even the busiest of summer days — there’s no need to make a run to a fast-food restaurant for unhealthier food alternatives.
If your family loves boiled eggs and you find yourself cooking them often, then this pizza recipe is especially fitting for you. The recipe allows you to easily and more creatively use up your leftover boiled eggs for the next day’s lunch.
Plan a day to have your kids help learn to cook this dish. Cooking time is bonding time. When you cook together, kids feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves. They feel responsible, because you are trusting them with an important family task..
Why Kids Love English-muffin Egg Pizzas
What’s not to love about these cheese melts? The protein your children will gain from this meal will enable them to play harder and longer — something every kid lives for. Also, as a general rule of thumb, cheese simply makes everything better — and these English-muffin Egg Pizzas are no exception.