It’s summer time, and you know what that means: The kids are out of school. So, what’s for lunch? If your kids love pizza, why not try a different version of a pizza — a healthier one that is just as scrumptious?
There’s no need to get fancy!
Here’s a glimpse at how to create your own English-muffin Egg Pizzas to get through lunchtime during these summer months, according to Norco Ranch.
For delectable English-muffin Egg Pizzas, here are the ingredients you need:
- kosher salt
- grated mozzarella
- 2 sliced hard-boiled Norco Ranch eggs
- tomato slices
- olive oil
- 4 English muffins
- 1) Boil your two eggs. You can boil them on the stovetop or even use a steamer basket to cook them gently.
- 2) Toast eight halves of an English muffin, and place the toasted pieces on a cookie sheet.
- 3) Drizzle each English muffin piece with some olive oil. Next, place tomato slices on the muffin halves, and top them with the hard-cooked slices of egg (half an egg each).
- 4) Spring some grated mozzarella cheese on the mini pizzas. Then, sprinkle the little pizzas with kosher salt and oregano.
- 5) Finally, broil your English-muffin Egg Pizzas for five minutes or at least until the cheese begins to melt.
Why Parents Love English-muffin Egg Pizzas
One of the biggest reasons to love English-muffin Egg Pizzas as a parent? These mini pizzas are protein rich. In other words, they’ll keep your children fuller longer (what parent doesn’t want that?) On top of that, the dish is meat free, which makes it an excellent choice for vegan families or those interested in eating leaner.
An added bonus is that the dish is ready in under 10 minutes. You can’t beat that. You can easily prepare them during even the busiest of summer days — there’s no need to make a run to a fast-food restaurant for unhealthier food alternatives.
If your family loves boiled eggs and you find yourself cooking them often, then this pizza recipe is especially fitting for you. The recipe allows you to easily and more creatively use up your leftover boiled eggs for the next day’s lunch.
Plan a day to have your kids help learn to cook this dish. Cooking time is bonding time. When you cook together, kids feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves. They feel responsible, because you are trusting them with an important family task..
Why Kids Love English-muffin Egg Pizzas
What’s not to love about these cheese melts? The protein your children will gain from this meal will enable them to play harder and longer — something every kid lives for. Also, as a general rule of thumb, cheese simply makes everything better — and these English-muffin Egg Pizzas are no exception.