Summer is around the corner, and you know what that means — it’s almost cookout season. And if you’re like many Americans, you can’t do a cookout with some deviled eggs as a side item. Fortunately, deviled eggs don’t have to live up to their name in the health category — they actually can be healthy. Here’s how to make some heavenly deviled eggs using delicious Norco Ranch eggs.
For healthy deviled eggs, here are the ingredients you need:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Paprika (to use as a garnish)
- 1) Hard-boil your eggs. To do this, put them in a pot, and add the amount of cold water needed to fully cover them. Then, turn the heat high. Feel free to also add salt to your pot of water, too, as this will make the eggs even easier to peel
- 2) Cover your eggs and allow them to boil. Once they begin to boil, switch off the heat. Then, just allow them to sit for 12 minutes, keeping the cover on them. Afterward, rinse your newly boiled eggs with cold water, and allow them to cool down. You could also place your eggs in a cold ice bath to get them cooler faster.
- 3) After your eggs have cooled down sufficiently, peel them completely. Then, cut the eggs lengthwise.
- 4) Separate your egg whites and yolks. Then, use a plate to hold your egg whites, and a bowl to hold your egg yolks. Finally, add the rest of the ingredients — outside of the paprika — to your yolks, and mash them together. You can utilize a blender for a smoother mixture.
- 5) Once the mixture is relatively uniform, add your mixture into your empty egg whites. Finally, top the mix with paprika. Bon appétit!
Why Healthy Deviled Eggs?
Eggs are naturally healthy, as they are packed with vitamins, such as vitamins B, A, and K. So, healthy deviled eggs are just another way to enjoy your favorite nutritious food items, according to Norco Ranch, a premier provider of eggs in Southern California. The healthy version essentially leaves out the ingredients that make the classic deviled egg’s filling loaded with calories and fat. By incorporating nutritious alternatives into your deviled egg filling from now on — such as those mentioned above — you’ll have the perfect finger food for this year’s barbecues and parties.
See awesome egg content on our YouTube Channel.