You love eating eggs for breakfast, but you hardly have time to eat them anymore due to your insane workday mornings. Who has time to scramble eggs on the stove, then wash the pot, then eat, and still fight rush-hour traffic to get to work on time? Fortunately, your skillet is not the only way to scramble eggs for breakfast. Here’s a look at how to create your own scrambled eggs in the microwave, according to leading California egg company Norco Ranch (and don’t worry — the eggs won’t be gross or rubbery if you cook them correctly).
For yummy scrambled eggs in the microwave, here are the ingredients you need:
- pepper and salt (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of milk
- 2 large Norco Ranch eggs
- 1) Spray a 12-ounce coffee mug with some cooking spray, or apply butter to the mug to keep your eggs from sticking. Then, add your milk and eggs to the mug, and stir the mixture with a whisk or fork until it is well blended.
- 2) Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds on high, then stir. Next, microwave the mix once again for between 30 and 45 minutes until your eggs have cooked all of the way through.
- 3) Sprinkle your eggs with cheese, and apply pepper and salt to your liking. After just one minute of cooking, you are ready to eat your single serving of eggs — right in time to hit the road for another morning commute.
Cheese on your scrambled eggs is optional, of course. But if you like cheese, adding them to your microwaved scrambled eggs is the perfect way to add some pizzazz to your breakfast. Some cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, or even fresh goat cheese crumbles would all make for happy additions.
To take your breakfast to the next level, feel free to top your freshly cooked eggs with tomatoes or chopped herbs. Alternatively, you can build a round patty out of your scrambled egg mixture and put it on an English muffin along with avocado for a scrumptious breakfast sandwich. Perhaps you’re the type who simply loves to add ketchup to your eggs — that works, too. Because creating scrambled eggs in the microwave is so fast and easy, you have lots of time to allow your creative juices to flow as far as egg toppings go. Enjoy!